Our Training Record
We currently have a team of twelve. Nine employed full time and three part-time.
Out of the twelve staff:
- 11 have a workplace first aid qualification (emergency at work and catastrophic bleeding 1 day) which is renewed each year
- 3 have a workplace first aid qualification (3 day)
- 2 have an emergency paediatric first aid qualification
- 8 have Manual Handling training (practical)
- 9 have Manual Handling training (theory)
- 8 have a NPORS 360 excavator 13-ton ticket and 8 have a NPORS dumper ticket (only office staff don’t)
- 12 have a Fire Safety Awareness certificate after completing an online course (renewed yearly)
- 2 have a certificate in equality and diversity.
- 8 have COSHH training
- 2 have a pesticide qualification (and only those do any spraying)
- 2 have a chainsaw ticket
- 4 have a water conservation certificate
- 7 have a certificate in Health and Safety at work level one.
- 5 have a certificate in level three Health and Safety at work.
- 12 have a certificate in CDM regulations 2015
- 7 have a certificate of achievement in abrasive wheel training
- 4 have a certificate of achievement in lone working
- 4 have telehandler ticket
- 7 have training in asbestos
- 2 have a certificate in leadership and management skills
- 1 has a certificate in networking
- 2 have a certificate in mental health at work
- 1 has a diploma in creative media production
- 1 has a diploma in engineering
- 1 has an NVQ level 4 in human resources
- 1 has an NVQ level 4 in training and development
- 4 have various degrees in geography, public services, education and music
All our staff have at least one training day at home a year to catch up on online training.
Other training covered:
- noise at work
- risk assessments
- environmental management
- workplace transport safety
- safety sign awareness
- flammable liquid and chemical safety
- welding safety
All our new recruits have a full day of induction in our training room before setting foot on a site. This induction covers information on the business, our policies, site rules, methods of working and introductions to the various roles. This induction process also incorporates training on:
- Manual Handling
- Health and Safety
- Fire and Emergencies
- Asbestos Awareness
- COSHH Awareness
- CDM Regulations
- Abrasive Wheel
- Safe Driving
- Safe Use of Small Tools
- Electrical Safety
Contract Liaison Manager
It is very important to us that our staff, clients, members of the public and visitors are all kept as safe as possible when we are running a site. As well as our staff having extensive health and safety training we employ a part time Contract Liaison Manager (CLM). They are responsible for ensuring health and safety is a priority on site.
The CLM visits each site weekly, conducting vehicle checks, staff welfare checks, first aid box and defibrillator checks and thorough health and safety site checks. On occasions, the CLM will attend early client meetings to gain a better understanding of the site. The CLM attends our monthly management meetings.